Friday, May 8, 2009

Just Figures...

I wasn't planning to share this layout. In fact, I have a small pile of other layouts I wasn't planning to share either that I may post over the next few days. I wasn't planning to share these layouts because I was hoping to use them in my entry for Memory Makers Masters 2010. But it looks like Memory Makers may be going the way of the Dodo (News Link).

Like this layout? Here's how I did it:

I used Ranger's Color Wash Ink in Eggplant and a Bazzill 4-inch Gerbera Daisy to create the background. Use the flower as a mask; just place it on the paper where you want the flower silhouette to show, no need to adhere it. I'm right handed, which means I naturally spray to the left. Since I want my spray to go towards the right side of the paper, I've turned my design upside down to spray.

Hold the color wash bottle at a low angle to the flower and paper and spray from the middle of the flower over.

Simply remove the flower and save it for use on another project.
The clear letters were cut from a transparency with my Cricut using the Plantin School Book cartridge (size = 2 inches, no special features). I adhered them to the background paper with my Xyron 150. The adhesive is not visible, it blends into the background paper texture.

Other products used: rubons by Heidi Swapp, background cardstock by Bazzill, stamps by Fancy Pants and Making Memories, ink by Ranger, pen, skittles. Photo is 2x3.

Want a sketch? Here you go!

2 comments:

Taffy said...

i love the technique you've done! I'm so gonna have to remember that. I mean, i've used the negatives for diecuts before, why not flowers?!?!? great idea!!

I love your l/o - you certainly would've gave them a run for their money! It's too bad they're closing, i loved their magazine, too.

Chris said...

This is absolutely gorgeous in it's simplicity and design. I'll have to try it definitely!