Friday, July 31, 2009
I did it! I finally made a scrap "celebrity"s blog!
(ok, not in any way that matters, but if you go to Tim Holtz's blog, you'll see me in the first two photos of today's post: here. In the first photo I am all the way to the right, in the second photo, I'm the only one *gasp!* looking at the camera. I'm wearing a black t-shirt.)
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Well. Big things.
Saturday I will be attending two Tim Holtz classes at Ruban Rouge here in the Tampa area. Sunday I will be attending a Donna Downey class in Orlando. They are both in town for CHA next week. Keep an eye on the blog, I'll be back with pictures to share.
Monday is my next 30-something birthday. To celebrate we're going to check out the brand new Aquatica water park in Orlando. Next Friday I will be attending the first ever CHA consumer show in Orlando. Again, I'll be back with pictures.
Finally, I have some big news on the horizon. I'll be posting peeks in the days and weeks ahead and blabbing all about it as soon as my time line is final.
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I'm hosting a fall, Halloween, and vintage Halloween themed mixed-media embellishment swap on 2Ps. Here is the link if you are interested in viewing or joining the swap:
They're not done yet, but here's a peak at what I'm making for the "Fall" themed swap.
I pulled the top layer off of a sheet of cardboard and then Glimmer Misted it in about 7 different fall colors including copper to give it a really pretty sparkle. Then I die cut 6 different leaf shapes from the sheet. I'm still thinking about adding some copper wire to dress them up. Each person will be receiving about 7 leaves of different shapes and sizes.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
My inspiration for this project was this piece of Batik fabric:
Loved the color scheme, but I wanted my mushrooms to be a bit artsier than just covered with fabric. Here's what I did:
Step 1. I doodled some mushroom shapes until I had three I liked. I cut out the mushroom tops and traced the shape as many times as I needed onto one side of a cork sheet. I did this so I would know how much cork I needed to cover. I then cut that portion of cork from the roll.
Note: If I were to do this again I would do all the artsy creating on some heavy duty paper and then adhere the finished product to cork, but I hadn't though the process all the way through yet. I just knew I wanted my shrooms to be made of cork.
Step 2. I loosely applied some gesso to the other side of the cork sheet. I did not try to cover the whole sheet, just portions. I knew that the spray ink used in the next step would look dark when it soaked into the cork so I wanted some white in the background to provide some lighter color tones. I did not let the gesso dry completely before moving on.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Anybody care to guess where I'm going with this:
I'll give you two hints:
1) it's not done yet, I still have a few layers to add (YES! even MORE layers), and
2) I'm making this for a swap.
Happy guessing!...Once I get the whole thing done I'll post the finished product and the step-by-step.