Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Document

I am documenting our hunt for our first house.

I started with a $1 chipboard house book from Michael's. I had the idea of creating a mini-book that actually looked like a three dimensional house.
I covered one side of each house shape with white cardboard backing and the other side with the corrugated part of the cardboard. I liked the "moving box" look and texture these papers provided.

I used my bind-it-all to bind three of the four house "corners" together. At the end I will devise a way to close the fourth "corner".
The book still lies flat like a conventional mini-book.
Or it stands up like a conventional mini-book.
Here's a quick peek inside. I'll share more when it's further along.

1 comments:

Pat said...

Just found your site because I was searching "how to make a digital overlay". Your tutorial was great and, even though I have PSE V.3 (I'm cheap and I don't see any reason to buy a newer one:),I was able to figure it out. I am a 73 year old grandmother who does digital scrapbooking about her family.

Thanks so much for the tutorial, and I will be coming back to this site often.

Good luck with your house.