Sunday, April 20, 2008

Journaling Emotional Events

Ok, before you scroll down too far, I will be the first to admit that the journaling in these next two layouts may come across as a little...negative. I was suffering from a two-week deep blue funk and was trying to get my emotions down on paper while they were fresh...and raw. I like the way both of these turned out, although they are probably not put-in-the-family-album layouts (but not everything has to be). These layouts will probably go in my all-about-me album that I am creating.


Journaling Reads:

I have always been an engineer. When I was eight, my parents gave me a book on how to draw animals, saying that if I wanted to be an artist, I should start early. It quickly became apparent to me that I had no natural talent for drawing. At the age of 14, I tried painting. In college, I tried singing. Turns out, I was always an engineer. Then, in 2003, I discovered scrapbooking. It didn’t come easy, but slowly, I discovered an underlying talent in something artistic. I liked that scrapbooking, while in itself an artform, encompasses many others.

In 2007, for the first time, I introduced myself to someone as an artist. In 2008, I decided to enter the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame contest. I loved, and still love, my entry. The contest pushed me in ways I had never been pushed. I thought I had a real chance. So, I hoped, and I dreamed. Today, I am still an engineer, and I am still…..

Journaling Reads:

...not winning the 2008 HOF...workload worries at work, the bane of my consulting existence... the (hopefully temporary) loss of my artistic mojo...the never ending climb out of debt...the eternal struggle to lose weight...doctors, doctors, and more doctors...still trying to make friends, 1 year later...

0 comments: