Sunday, October 5, 2008

October SFTIO Layouts

Here are the layouts I made with the October SFTIO Kit, themed Joy.

Art Is:
This one is my favorite of the bunch, although it's a little odd because it doesn't have a stand out title, just a general statement that says "Art is the happy expression of the soul". The felt negative strip gave me some problems with placement or I would absolutely love the way this one came out.

Discovery: The fun part of this layout is the grid paper. I actually hand cut that from the Kaisercraft paper that comes in the kit. I totally love the way it looks. And with this page I finally proved to myself that I CAN successfully layer, I just don't do it very often.

You: On this layout, I hand cut around the white flowers only so that they would lay above my photo mat. This layout ended up with all sorts of construction issues. One of those black photo corners is actually hiding a title screw-up (before I condensed it down to just "You"). Hey, I'm not afraid to air my dirty laundry!

Pure Joy:This is my second favorite layout of the bunch. Although it's really simple, I love the sense of movement it has.

0 comments: