Saturday, June 13, 2009

Inspired Spin Journal - Completed Page 1

I'm in the midst of creating an inspiration journal for myself. This inspiration journal will be a place where I can play with all the techniques, products, photos, textures, colors, and words that I love, and that inspire me day to day. Where I can browse for ideas when my mojo is on vacation. Where I can play with combinations of all the things that I love. Where I can play with new ideas.

The base of my inspiration journal is a Spinner Album by Zutter, see this post and this post for more information on the album, page backgrounds, and title. I have created my first page on a canvas background:
Step 1 - I sprayed the canvas background with Riptide Glimmer Mist using Heidi Swapp plastic letters as a mask. I laid paper towels under my pages to catch any over spray.

Step 2 - I cut out three circle swatches from a piece of patterned canvas fabric and adhered them to the background using Fabri-Tac glue (after the Glimmer Mist was dry).
Step 3 - I adhered a 2x3 photo to a Hambly transparency (using Duck adhesive) to give it a little more weight on the page. I adhered the transparency and the butterfly to the background with Fabri-Tac. I created the butterfly months ago for a layout, but ended up not using it. To create the butterfly, I stamped a text stamp on a Technique Tuesday butterfly with Embossing Ink by Ranger. I then swiped metallic orange chalk over the ink. The chalk preferentially sticks to the ink, creating a darker area along the design of the stamp. I then inked the edges of the butterfly with Ranger ink.
Step 4 - I stamped a line from a Pearl Jam song on Bazzill cardstock with Making Memories magnetic stamps. I cut out the words and adhered them onto the page with Fabri-Tac.
I'll post more pages as I get them done. I'm not aiming at completing this entire project in one shot, but to work on it as I come across more things that I love.

1 comments:

Chris said...

That is very cool! Great job so far. One thing I noticed (not to criticize) but thought is missing the second H. :)