Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yep, it's spelled wrong!

I knew this would happen someday. I knew I would post a finished product to my blog just to discover I had spelled a major word wrong.

Well, it's finally happened, I misspelled "thoughts" in my previous post. Thanks to all who have noticed and let me know.

But I may just leave it. You see I AM A REALLY BAD SPELLER. Period. Trust me, there's nothing I can do about it. I was eliminated from my first spelling bee with the word "hay". Yes, I couldn't spell a three letter word. I spelled it "hey".

I have set my computer to automatically spell check any e-mail or document I write at work, but I still have misspellings. Computers don't catch it when you misspell a word into another word. See "hay" v. "hey".

A couple of years ago I was digging through all the documents my mother kept from my school years. One of my early report cards, maybe first grade, suggested that my parents should have me checked for a learning disability, my spelling (and my reading at that point) were that bad!

Well, despite all of this, I've made it pretty far in life. I have a B.S. degree in Geological Engineering and an M.S. degree in Civil Engineering. I have a good career. I'm planning to go back for a Ph.D. so I can teach college courses one day.

So I may just leave it. It's a big part of MI. :)

0 comments: