Monday, February 8, 2010

Method Playground Challenge 61

Challenge 61 at Method Playground is to use ruffles on your layout. Now, for those of you who have been round here for a while probably know, I'm not much of a ruffle girl. I was to the point of seriously considering my husband's suggestion of gluing potato chips to my layout (you know, "Ruffles") when I started wondering if there was a way to make "urban" ruffles. So I created a black-white-gray paper collage with the idea of ruffling strips from that. I was much happy with my final result: Instead of creating just ruffles, I offset each layer of the ruffle slightly to created a flower shape. The collage paper base lends alot of interest to the final result.

Also, in case you're wondering, the title is a play on words (read the journaling, you can click on the photo for a larger version).

1 comments:

Marty's Bliss said...

Very unique. I wish I had more time to experiment - working really gets in the way of the things I'd rather be doing.