Monday, February 22, 2010

Method Playground Challenge 62

I created this layout for Method Playground Challenge 62 - Heat Embossing.

You don't need a stamp to emboss an image. For this layout, I punched three rows of "birds on a wire" from white cardstock using the new Martha Stewart punch. I then rubbed my punched images with embossing ink, poured on black embossing powder, and heated. I was really happy with the slightly distressed/faded on the edges look. It you want a more finished look, you can add a second layer of embossing ink and powder to fill in the bald spots.

The heart was hand cut from my own collages and inked with Black Soot Distress ink around the edges. The title is Colorbok glitter rub-ons. Background Paper is Basic Grey "Frosting".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this page! What did you use to make the heart shape?

Amanda Berens said...

Karen,

Thanks! The heart shape is made from a paper scrap collage (with a little cardboard thrown in), you can find directions for a similar collage here: http://techniquespeak.blogspot.com/2009/07/serendipity-shrooms-step-by-step.html

I just hand cut the heart shape from a collage and inked the edges.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.