Monday, February 15, 2010

...with a Twist

Here's the twist to the pennant banner shown in the previous post. Because I covered both sides of stiff 1/8-inch batting in canvas, the banner can be bound into a really cute mini book after use.

I tied the muslin hangers to two 2-inch book binding rings. I placed the last pennant first in the book as a title page.
Then I added photos to the back sides of the pennants, which are embellished similarly to the fronts.

I you temporarily adhere the letters to the fronts of the pennants, you can use both sides of the pennants for photos. Or skip the banner all together and just make a mini-book!
I will be offering kits to make these pennant banners/mini-books in my Etsy shop. The kits will consist of:
- 6 double-sided raw canvas duck pennants with 1/8-inch batting and silver toned grommets.- 12 8-inch raw muslin ties.
- 6 feet of braided raw cotton cord for hanging.
- 2 2-inch silver toned binder rings.
I will also be offering fat quarters of the corduroy butterfly print that I cut my butterflies from for this project.
I will have these available for purchase early this week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I love how you turned it into a mini album! Fantastic work!

Heather said...

That is really cute!!

Diana Fisher said...

Super cute!!

Michele said...

Oh, Amanda! Lovely

emily said...

That is a very clever project idea!

Tracy said...

I love this. Very creative.

Diana Joy said...

Fabulous Twist....such a good idea. tfs.

Chris said...

Awesome twist!