Friday, August 22, 2008

Way Behind...

Sincere thanks to those of you who wished us well during our "evacuation". The hurricane managed to perfectly miss the place we evacuated from and directly hit the place we evacuated to. Luckily we were not there at the time.

We were forced to evacuate because my hubby works in IT for companies that don't like to have their services interrupted, therefore, he is required to have electricity and an internet connection at all times....just in case. I have suggested surgical implantation of an ethernet cable, but alas....he has not yet bought into the idea.

Because of our evacuation, I am several days behind at work and even further behind in my creative endeavors. Currently my creative "to-do" list looks something like this:

- finish acrylic album
- compile "embellishing acrylic" posts
- finish September SFTIO Design Team assignments
- compile an application for the Clear Scraps Design Team
- make a submission for the Scrapbooking Trends magazine cover contest
- start working on my 2009 CK HOF entry (any body seen this years rules yet?)
- get a mixed media project entitled "Nothing" out of my head and onto canvas
- pick up special order 19x24 wet media acetate from local art store

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would be more than happy to immerse myself in any of the projects listed above. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, I am way behind at work (the engineering type). My work to-do list looks much more daunting and not nearly as much fun.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and keep an eye out for a couple of soon-to-be-posted, well....posts.

0 comments: