Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Panoramic Christmas Tree

I created this panoramic photo of our 9-foot Christmas tree by taking four separate photos of the top, middle, bottom, and presents and merging them with Photoshop Elements 6. This method allowed me to get more details of the tree in the photo. In order to get the individual photos, I had to play around with my camera's manual settings (for the first time!). It was all trial and error, but I'm pleased with the results. You can click on the image for a larger version.
I like to decorate my Christmas trees with things that "could" actually be found on trees in nature. This year I used poinsettias, ice cicles, rabbits, owls, chipmunks, squirrels, a hedgehog, and pine cones. The one exception, of course, are the lights. We used 700 to light this tree. 5 of the lights are actually little lanterns.

0 comments: